Why Halestorm matters to me

Submitted by halefan99 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I'm a 50 year old Canadian male living in New Brunswick. I first heard of this wonderful group of rockers off of the CBC. Believe it or not, anything can happen if you give it enough time. That is a dig and a plug for public broadcasting. Why does Halestorm matter? OK, you all are here because they matter to you too. Something in one of their songs has connected with your experience. I grew up with bands like Def Leopard and Joan Jet (Blackhearts included), so first of all it's the sound. The band sounds like rock should to my ear. Second, I love the story of 13 year old Lzzy and 10 year old Are Jay just starting this thing from their garage. That's kind of inspiring and means that anyone could do this if they had enough passion and drive. OK, not really anyone. Go out people...make some music. That brings me to one of the things I admire most about the band, which is the writing. It's hard to sum it up. All the song are great. I would say it's the honesty and the simplicity. Do you know what I mean? Don't you just feel like you're in friendly territory when you're listening to a song like Rock Show or Don't Know How to Stop? (among others). Anyway, rock n roll means a lot more to me than what's on stage. So, I would like to congratulate the 4 of you, Joe and Josh too, for making it this far, and ask you humbly to keep doing what you do. Thank You. May inspiration always fall upon you.