Song Amen a gift and message from Heaven

Submitted by SunflowerSue96 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Please allow me to explain why and how I discovered this group and became a fan. I doubt they will read this as I am just a soul that no one knows but maybe by some random miracle they will see this and read it and know how truly special their songs are on their latest album and why. Their songs are more then just words; more then just songs... they are messages too from the afterlife. I found out of my grandma passing when I kept hearing on radio "Can I get an Amen" back on Weds. May 6, 2015. I never heard that song before or knew of Halestorm. I typed the words "Can I get an Amen" in my notebook on my phone so I could try to find the song later; so I could listen to it later(since I was in IL while Hospice was trying to help my grandma pass.) and after I typed in those particular words on my phone (because that is all I could make out on radio and hear) and pushed the button to get out of notebook my phone immediately rang. I didn't have to answer it to be told... I KNEW she finally didn't have a beating heart and was no longer breathing; I KNEW she passed and was trying to be the one to let me know she basically took her final bow; the fat lady had sung so to speak; she was religious so of course after nearly going two weeks without food or water thanks to Hospice she had passed away and all she wanted was an AMEN! We seriously thought she was going to last even longer then she miracously did because she was a stubborn Italian beating hearted lady. Answering the phone and knowing what was going to be said but not by who after I would say "Hello." I was informed she had passed away( while that song was playing on the radio of my in laws jeep that was loaned to me). I bought that cd after I got back home to AZ and got to listen to that song for the first time with full clear uninterrupted concentration and no static and realized ALL its lyrics dealt with every damn thing I had been feeling or going thru and my grandma had felt too at her end. I mean how could it not when just like in the song as long as her heart was beating she would keep on breathing. That's all she was doing in my eyes when I visited her as she lay comatose. Family was fighting and I remember thinking how cold and cruel the world could be especially when it's blood relatives doing all the hate towards other family members. How does one go on and keep their heart from freezing when in this world there is so much hatred towards one another but it's the hate by family,those that should only love you because you are family, but hate so well and hurt other family members so deeply; it's this hate that hurts the most because it's coming from those that are suppose to love you but don't. I must say just like the song my grandma met her maker with no fear and all courage and just wanted a damn Amen!I keep the cd in my own jeep radio. I don't want to take it out; it's comforting knowing it's there. It's all I would listen to for a long time. The 6th of November marks her 6 month anniversary of passing. I wondered what song would play after the song my grandma played for me on radio. I wondered if it would help me and be needed just as much. I prayed it would be just as special. Listening to the cd Into The Wild Life for the first time I realized my prayers were answered and the song "Dear Daughter" that plays after "Amen" was in a way a gift from the heavens again because my kids were needing something and hurting from a huge loss too. The song "Dear Daughter" which plays on the cd after "Amen" was needed just as much for me; for 2 weeks after my grandma passed away my oldest of 2 kids graduated high school. I had 2 major mile markers in my life and this cd helped me with them both ; especially with these major markers in my life being nearly back to back to one another. Other songs on the cd have helped me as well so that I can get to NORMAL living again after losing my grandma who I was very close to and love with all my heart. Not a day goes by where I don't think of her or miss her . Halestorm is more then a group to me. They have helped me and I truly feel this cd was my grandmas last parting gift to me. No one can nor will tell me any different. She didn't physically hand me the cd but in spirit form she gave me what she knew I needed most; music to pull me thru the biggest loss of my life yet. I can't thank Halestorm enough for their music. It's NOT just music you see. It's inspiration to keep living when you feel like half your heart is gone. I can never thank Halestorm enough and I just hope they know the gift they have given me and probably others like me for I can't see being the only one in this world who has had this happen to them. I truly know that Halestorm and their song "Amen" is a gift from the heavens! I would give them all the Amens in the world! I hope and pray they come thru AZ someday and sing this song "Amen" so that I can stand in the crowds and sing along with them. I had purchased tickets for my family and me to see them at the Tempe, AZ November 1,2015 Monster Mash Music Festival only to be disappointed they didn't get to play due to production issues! I had hoped to sing "Amen" and "Dear Daughter" in the crowd with my daughters by my side so we could celebrate my grandma and Halestorms heavenly songs together. I cried and I continue to pray that they come thru AZ again and sing these songs so that I can purchase tickets and give them that well deserved AMEN!
A dedicated AZ fan for life !
You owe my grandma in heaven for that! Her name was Susan Soucie and we think of her now as sunflowers and road runners and hummingbirds for the spirit lives on everywhere but it's the human form of her I miss the most.
A heartfelt thank you and Amen to LZZY and Halestorm,
Jennifer Newman

Update-
I saw Halestorm and met them at the meet and greet at Tempe, AZ at the marquee on Oct. 11, 2016 and gave LZZY a note that told her about how I discovered Halestorm through the radio the day my my grandma passed away and used the song "Amen" to tell me goodbye so I would know she parted from this earthly plain. I gave LZZY a ring that has "Amen" engraved in it and it was placed around the note that was rolled as a scroll. I also gave her a card and a dream catcher necklace since her birthday was the day before but told her that every day is a gift and should be as special as she is and to always follow her dreams. I got my picture with them and saw them perform. You can bet I was front row smack dab center straight behind where LZZY sang and I sang my heart out to "Amen" , "I am the Fire" , and " Dear Daughter" and more but it enjoyed all of the concert. I shed happy tears and felt blessed and now I'm looking forward to getting my arm tattooed since she signed it for me. I will be adding the lyric " Can I get an Amen" to it on May 6, 2017 to honor the 2 year passing of my grandma. Amen to LZZY for giving me the ability to go on after such a huge loss!