A sci-fi story featuring Halestorm

Submitted by Hendrix Storm on
Is pro
No

This is just an excerpt. Not all of it pertains to Halestorm so I'm just including the parts that have to do with Halestorm plus a little extra. It's about a guy who goes to another dimension and meets Halestorm and Metallica.

When Jimmy reached 52nd St., he saw Lzzy Hale standing in front of the Roseland Ballroom. He walked over and inquired, "Excuse me; but aren't you Lzzy Hale?".
"Yes, I am." She turned around and exclaimed, "You're James Hendrix Zuckerman! I've read all of your stories because you're the coolest sci-fi writer ever. Who else writes sci-fi stories about Metallica?"
"I don't know of anyone else who does."
"Exactly!"
"I'm surprised that you're one of my fans."
"Why? Rock stars can read too, you know!"
"That's not what I meant. It's just that I'm a fan of yours, Miss Hale, and I thought that you mostly read horror stuff."
"Please call me 'Lzzy', Mr. Zuckerman. I did until Joe showed me a copy of your short story anthology. The story about Cliff Burton being from the future is brilliant."
"Thank you very much; and you can call me 'Jimmy'."
"I'm honored that a brilliant man like you enjoys my music."
"And especially your lyrics."
"Wow! Thank you!"
"Are you performing here tonight?"
"Yeah. Do you have a ticket?"
"No. I didn't know about the concert."
"I'll get you in. Maybe you can put me in one of your stories."
"I already have."
She flashed him one of her irresistible smiles, and exclaimed, "Cool! There's someone I'd like you to meet." She walked over to someone, and tapped him on the shoulder. She whispered in his ear, and he followed her.
"Jimmy, this is Cliff Burton. Cliff, this is the coolest sci-fi writer ever, James Hendrix Zuckerman."
Jimmy's jaw literally dropped from the shock. He looked exactly the way that Jimmy imagined that Cliff Burton would look at 51.
Cliff inquired, "What's wrong? You look like you just saw a ghost."
Jimmy knew that he couldn't reveal the truth about being from an alternate dimension. "It's just that you're my second favorite person ever. In fact, I always refer to you as 'Cool Dude Cliff'. I've always wanted to be you."
"Well, you can't; but thanks for the cool nickname."
"You're welcome."\
"May I ask who your favorite person is?"
"Jimi Hendrix"
"It's a shame what happened to him! Being killed by his manager in the fall of '69 just because he had writer's block is a terrible way to go!"
"I know!"
At that moment, Dave Mustaine approached them from the opposite direction from the one that Jimmy had come. Lzzy said, "Dave, this is James Hendrix Zuckerman, the sci-fi writer. Jimmy,..."
Jimmy interrupted, "I know who he is. Mr. Mustaine, reading about your childhood inspired me to write my stories in spite of all the physical and verbal abuse from my own childhood."
"Thanks, dude. Call me Dave though, alright?"
"Sure, Dave. You and Cool Dude Cliff are my heroes."
Dave thanked him and shook his hand.
Jimmy asked, "Who's the opening band tonight?"
Lzzy answered, "Halestorm. We're opening for Metallica."
"That's my dream concert!"
"Mine too! Opening up for them has enabled me to meet one of my heroes-James Hetfield."
"Where is Mr. Hetfield?"
"He's busy writing song lyrics."
"I wish I could meet him. His lyrics have helped me through some tough times."
Cliff assured him, "I'll tell him for you."\
"Thanks. By the way, what are you doing here, Dave?"
"I thought that you knew that I'm the lead guitarist for Metallica. Don't tell me that you believe all those crazy rumors about James and Lars firing me! Since I went to rehab 30 years ago, it's been smooth sailing all the way. Cliff and I write most of the music together, and James contributes sometimes. Lars arranges the music, and handles all the business arrangements. All four of us produce the albums together. Metallica is the family I've always wanted."
"I can't believe that you're still in Metallica!"
"Neither can I. It's a dream come true. I often wonder what life would be like if James and Lars ever fired me. I guess I'd start my own metal band, and we'd rise to the top just like I did with Metallica."
"I'm sure you could do it, Dave."
"Yeah. I guess I could. You're pretty cool for a sci-fi writer!"
"Thanks. You and Cliff are the two coolest people ever in metal history so it means a lot to hear you say that. All that's missing is Randy Rhoads on this tour."
Lzzy stated, "I wish! He's on tour with Ozzy in the Midwest.
We all have to get ready now. Here's the ticket that I promised you. It was an honor to meet you, Jimmy." Cliff and Dave echoed that sentiment, and after exchanging farewells, Jimmy went to his seat.