8 year old daugher loved show in Springfield

Submitted by jrhea45 on
Forum category
Is pro
No

I am sure you get one thousand messages like this one but I really would be a terrible dad if I did not try. My daughter is 8 years old and is a hard rock chic. Halestorm is her favorite band and she idolizes Lzzy. She is learning to play piano and she sings constantly (mostly Love Bites). She has all of your songs downloaded on her iPad.

I bought her tickets to the Sept. 10 show in Springfield the minute they went on sale and unfortunately there were no meet and greet tickets (which I would have gladly paid extra for her to have). She bought the latest CD with her own money with the hopes of meeting and having it signed. She even bought her own Sharpie.

Anyway, I explained to her that it was not likely she would be able to get an autograph since the band is so popular now if they signed after every show, it would be very hard to do. Anyway, suffice it to say she was crushed when she was not able to get her CD signed even though she took it like a champ (at least she did not cry).

I wish you could have seen how excited this little girl was. She was bouncing and waving her horns the entire set (except when she stopped for the awesome drum solo). I am realistic enough to realize you simply cannot respond to every dads sob story and I don't expect you to. I just want to be able to tell her I did my best to let you know how much she loved the show.

Thanks for rocking Springfield and we will be back to the next show. Thanks to Lzzy for inspiring my daughter and other girls to do what they love and not worry about what the world thinks.