28APR15 Iron City in Birmingham, AL

Submitted by pitsnipe on
Forum category
Is pro
No

This upcoming show will be the fourth outing to see Halestorm by myself and my girlfriend as well as our second meet and greet (in a year, she calls us "Halestones"). Though still months away, I'm already filled with the same level of excitement as when the lights drop prior to the band hitting the stage. The interaction of all the band members with the fans both during the meet and greet and the show itself is second to none. Truly, Halestorm is a band that derives pleasure from performing music and pleasing their fans. Recently we (my girlfriend and I) saw them at the venue near our hometown in Tupelo, MS and we had many discussions on the set list. Being that we are in the center of the bible belt, pickets/protests per se by various church groups have happened when bands that didn't perform the typical "golden oldies" or "country and western" genre music have taken place, which worried us. Not in the sense that Halestorm wouldn't show up and perform but that in fact they may be curtailed into changing their set list due to the lyrical make up of some of the songs. Halestorm did NOT fail to entertain, nor did their set list seem to be changed very much from the previous shows we'd seen. Obviously due to being the opening act, time constraints were put in place, but content of the set list was incredible.

I mentioned the previous information on the prior show on a discussion about a future show because I cannot emphasize enough how much Halestorm "plays to their crowds". I don't mean that in the sense that they simply put on "x" show according the makeup or "y" type of crowd. Halestorm puts on their show, their way, and you will walk away with the knowledge after the fact that you have seen one of the few true "Rock Bands". I was lucky enough to see Motley Crue with Alice Cooper on the retirement tour and hands down, the Crue show had nothing on a Halestorm show. Alice Cooper was, as expected, Alice Cooper. Great in all aspects of his performance. Halestorm is in my opinion 100% on par with Alice Cooper.

I hope that if by this point you're still reading this and contemplating attending the Iron City show, that you will attend. From one fan to all the other fans here on the site, if you haven't seen Halestorm yet...you should. If you've seen them already, see them again. This band has the brightest of bright futures and nothing short of greatness is well within their grasp.