14 years of silence

Submitted by Uncle J. on
Forum category
Is pro
No

Hello, my name is Ichabod, I have a pet crane who eats too much. I am writing, and breaking 14 years of silence, as I learned this week that Lzzy made mention of me 2 months after she played Fallon, and oddly 10 years to the day that I had the pleasure of having her sing on a couple tracks on my record. (unreleased, as it shall remain)I was more than touched by this as I never so much as put these tracks on utube, by design. The songs, that time of my life, were sacred to me. Then, for no reason, I googled one of the track titles this week and saw this, pasted so as not to link.

"Lzzy HaleVerified account
‏@LZZYHALE
Here's a real obscure one: I sang back up on Icabod Crane's "three shades of blue" track... Find that! So there!
Reply Retweet Favorite More
12:13 AM - 6 Sep 2010"

WOW, I always thought she hated me as I've reached out to her to say hi here and there, never hearing back, so surely pissed her off somehow as I'm known to do. This time I wrote her FB to say how sweet this was and how it made my week. Again I'm sure I won't hear back, lol, so I'm already talking myself into going to a show! I don't 'go' anywhere easily nowadays so it takes some preparation, but since I haven't seen her since 04 I have to find a way. We sat and talked, I told her she'd be signed within a year, signed n 05, and that's why I'm "Uncle"! I've followed every move they made since, every interview, about every utube post, seemingly missing the only time she ever mentioned me. Sigh.

Love ya E, how's it goin' Are!? (kid was always crazy in a great way) Josh I dunno but hello, but I met Joe and he's really a cool and well rounded musical cat! Best on record 3, highest of hopes and best of wishes!
J

ps, No, I'm still not releasing the songs, so as Lzzy said "SO THERE!"